white eggs / brown eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ole red, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ole red

ole red Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    poplar grove, ar.
    do yalls brown eggs, have brighter colored yolks, than your white eggs,

or can ya not tell any difference?

asking this because, there is a noticeable difference in mine, the brown eggs yolks are considerable brighter, than the white egg.

by the way all of my chickens are free range, and have the same feed.

2. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    My white eggs are just as golden as my brown.

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    As far as the yolks and whites,,,,I see no difference in my eggs. However, the difference I see in mine is that the white eggs (shells) are chalkier feeling and thinner (breaks easier) then my brown eggs. [​IMG] Mine all free range and are on layers/ flock rasier.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Henry did you know the chalky eggs won't hatch? A few of my guineas had chalky eggs, and they never hatch. They're missing something. Anyway, my eggs are all a dark yellow yolk. The white are banty eggs, but they are dark yellow too.

5. ole red

ole red Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    poplar grove, ar.
    hhhhmmmmmmmmm, well i have never noticed a difference in the past, but have been noticeing it lately, when cracking them in the skillet.

maybe they'll darken up also,

rite now my white egg layers are game hens, maybe they're forageing habits are different.

6. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:No I didn't. I did hatch out some last spring/summer but I didn't notice the eggshell at the time. I just started noticing late this fall. They are LH, from 2008 spring hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by