White Faced Black Spanish Bantams from Cackle?

clickchicks

Songster
Jun 6, 2020
Texas
Curious if anyone has any of the WFBS bantams from Cackle hatchery. I'm planning out what I want to do for next spring, and I think I'd like to start a separate little bantam flock.

There are a few breeds I'd like to get just for my own personal enjoyment because they are pretty/cute, but I notice Cackle specifically lists the WFBS as one of the very few bantams they breed with "excellent" egg production. I know bantams aren't usually bred for egg laying and average less than most standard poultry, but I am curious to know what "excellent" averages out to mean and if anyone who's tried Cackle's line knows.

Also beyond egg laying, just what people think of them in general. They are an interesting looking bird and might be fun to have even if they don't lay well.

Curious if anyone has any of the WFBS bantams from Cackle hatchery. I'm planning out what I want to do for next spring, and I think I'd like to start a separate little bantam flock.

There are a few breeds I'd like to get just for my own personal enjoyment because they are pretty/cute, but I notice Cackle specifically lists the WFBS as one of the very few bantams they breed with "excellent" egg production. I know bantams aren't usually bred for egg laying and average less than most standard poultry, but I am curious to know what "excellent" averages out to mean and if anyone who's tried Cackle's line knows.

Also beyond egg laying, just what people think of them in general. They are an interesting looking bird and might be fun to have even if they don't lay well.
I don't know much about the breed, but Cackle is pretty good. I trust their stock. I ordered my chicks from them a few years back.

I don't know much about the breed, but Cackle is pretty good. I trust their stock. I ordered my chicks from them a few years back.

Thanks! Cackle seems to have a good variety and people here generally seem to have had positive experiences. I'm pretty I'll be going with them regardless of breed.

Mine are great. Had 6, Lost one to an accident, one to predators and gave one away. I have an old trio now (I think close to 9 years old honestly...:idunno)

They're decent layers. They are definately skittish and definately lay best for their first few years before slowing down. Super great in freezing weather. You'd think males would have a hard time keeping their faces clean with frost bite.

The roosters are calming too. I can carry mine all over once I finally catch them

Here they are: 20200530_123003.jpg Juan Pablo, moon and feather waiting for bugs to be thrown in

Back
Top Bottom