White Faced..... please post pics, WFBS and crosses...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wclawrence, Feb 20, 2009.

1. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I am working on a project using White Faced Black Spanish, and I need to see pics if anyone has any of pure WFBS and any WFBS crosses you may have/had. I have a little rooster but his white is only about half way up his face now, I don't know anything about them and need your help, please!

2. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    I was sent these pic by someone else trying to identify the birds. I'm pretty sure that are WFBS or a cross with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Here is our only boy. We had ordered 5 from a hatchery a few years ago. We got 6, 5 boys and one girl. They were not very friendly and in fact, seemed pretty agressive at first, but then settled down. We sold some at fair, gave a couple away and kept Stan as our yard rooster. I am sure he is not show quality, but he is a pretty boy and fun to have around.

[​IMG]

Edited to add, we had gotten a new Welsummer rooster and after quarantine I let him out and he ran with Stan for a while. Then I decided it was time to replace our mean Wellie rooster, which is why I got the new one to begin with, he was getting agressive towards humans. So I took him out and thought I would let him run with Stan. I thought if he wasn't with his hens and had more room, he wouldn't be as aggressive with us. WRONG! First, he almost killed Stan, as you can see in the pics, Stan still has some scabs on his comb and wattles and then he took to stalking me while I was doing chores and attacking from behind. Needless to say, he didn't last much longer.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Hatchery WFBS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands