White fluff at base of tail any thoughts?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by berkeleysprings, Dec 13, 2010.

1. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

If White fluff at base of tail is a problem of lots of pure breeds and its unwanted, how do breeders remedy it ??? is the cure breed specific ??, what is the breed and color if that matters that gets it??? what is the cause???? and what is the cure????
    I have wheaten marans and I don’t know the cause and I don’t know the cure

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Could you post a picture, so I could look at it???? I'm thinking that your wheaten marans are sports ....not purebreds but I'd have to look at it and see if that's the case.

Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

3. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

definatly not sports , came from good lines and i have a closed flock 2 years , check french ane every other country all the wheatens show it ,and thats the big talk about now in breeders and i hear its in other breeds as well so i wanted to hear from other breeders and and what they breed [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Berkeley, I thought this was talking about a long white feather that curled. Your guys are gorgeous. I went to check my boys after you wrote this and looked and looked for the white feathers. and yes i have small ones. My lines are excellent too with the Bev Davis and Cottage hill lines and worked on them for years as well.

Here's an interesting few notes on white feathers in with b. astr.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=292420

I never heard of damage and feathers coming in white, but doubt this is the cause if it happens in all cases.

Have a blessed day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by