1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White giant dewlap toulouse geese owners post pics

Discussion in 'Geese' started by razvanM, Oct 29, 2012.

1. razvanM

razvanM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    I really love those white toulouse geese,I have seen them only on peel ridge stud,but when I saw thy are so rare,I was just wondering if there is anyone who is keeping this breed and how do their birds look like.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Never seen or heard of whites before. Grey was the original color, buffs were created more recently. Maybe someone was playing around with cross breeding that popped a white?

3. razvanM

razvanM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    they are very rare birds,the 2 links below are the onlysites I have seen them.But acctual no,they are not a few thing the White Toulouse version was standardised in 1982 and the Buff in 1997 in the UK.So it appeared before the buff.
    here are links where you can see them,they are very beautifull.in the second link you can also see other toulouse colors but just the grey,white and buff are standerdised.

http://peelridge.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=11194738
    http://wassergefluegel.npage.de/toulouser-aus-aller-welt.html

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    The one they calling blue looks like dilute grey. Too bad the whites aren't as developed size wise as the grey and buff. Noticed they are German, UK and AUS based photos.

5. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    The Whites from Peelridge are Australian and I've talked with the owner whos very nice and keen on developing the whites further. I believe he used Embdens to introduce the white but he did report that they have maintained a good size.

The second set of pictures are from Mark Hoppes' German web site and its my opinion that these birds are still an experimental colour with more work ahead. Again the others are dilute grey splashes and probably the result of a white male parent crossed with a grey dewlap female.

I have recieved recent pictures that were kindly sent to me by Dave Kosackiewicz. These whites are I believe in North America and appear well developed Dewlaps and probably the best I've seen though I do recall an old black and white picture that showed a few whites in the States.

Im not really sure how I personally feel about the whites and if they appealto me personally. I do think they would be quite eye popping when seen in a flock. My personal preferences for mutation colours are the Buffs and the Blues (although not recognised on either side of the Atlantic).

Pete [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    lovley goose pete

nice to see you back here on the forum

:)

7. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Thanks. Im usually around but its a busy time at the moment as I've got 2 small children and my little lad needs a lot of attention as he's disabled.

8. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    i know how that feels

i have 4 kids 2 of them disabled and being their career and trying to jugle animals and forum is not easy

btw 6 months or so ago i pm'ed you about getting a sebbie

did you get the pm?

9. Discochickengal

Discochickengal New Egg

Feb 13, 2013
    Hey im doing a 4-h book at its asking what class Giant Dewlap Toulouse Geese are in?!? i have no idea i rise chickens!!!!!

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have no idea but there are those on here that share their lives with these birds so hopefully some one will answer your question..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by