1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White hens? Any ideas what age/breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rosetinted, Nov 18, 2009.

1. rosetinted

rosetinted Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    England
    What do you think these tame white chooks might be? I presume they are both girls, but am no expert on this, ha ha!

I would describe them as medium/large size, similar to my marans.

Excuse the dirt on them, they are actually white with black/grey flecks & the legs are light grey with sparse feathering.

They have had a bath since I brought them home, but they pulled my flowerbed out today & got covered in mud again!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Maybe I'm wrong but those look like white or splash Marans to me. Where did you get them?

3. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    I'm not sure, I would say white or splash marans as well. They are some unique and really pretty girls you have!

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    What color egg do they lay? Very dark brown? They look like Splash Marans.

5. rosetinted

rosetinted Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    England
    Thanks guys [​IMG]

I've been looking out for a few more hens & I picked them up at a local poultry sale.

They looked big enough to hold their own & seemed sweet natured & healthy enough, just a bit grubby.

Not laying just yet, but I'm hoping they might lay me a couple of eggs once they settle in with the others [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    splash Marans is what that bird looks like and
    its pretty to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by