white laced wyanndotte

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by snipercp, Nov 30, 2011.

1. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    i have read somewhere that there are white laced wyanndotte bantams but i have never heard of them or seen them and ive heard that there rare in england has any1 got any or have any pics.

thanks snipercp

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Can't even find them on google search [​IMG]

3. snipercp

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    i know i wonder if its just another name for the silver laced

4. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Yes, there are White Laced Red Bantams. Those are the only white laced variety that I know of.
    I have had some in the past and have a couple hens left but no males, so I will be out of the WLR business in the future....
    I have a couple pics, will see if I can post them for you.

5. snipercp

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    ok thanks

6. WyandotteTX

Jan 10, 2010
    My two old girls.....

[​IMG]

My original birds.....18 years ago....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    John, those are lovely! Perhaps you should do a little project work to keep those around? wink wink

8. WyandotteTX

Jan 10, 2010
    Unfortunately I have been working on that the last two years trying to get some chicks out of the old girls but have been unsuccessful. I need to find a good Bantam GL Cockerel to breed with them. I know of one other person who "supposedly" has the WLR in Iowa. Hopefully they still do and I can get some more stock of them. Sad that 15 years ago there were a dozen breeders of this variety and now there are barely a few. Of all of the Wyandotte bantams I have raised they were the best in terms of laying, vigor and fertility. I spent many years improving the ground color but lost almost all of my birds a few years ago to predators.

If anybody is reading this and knows of someone who is raising them, let me know. I know Bob Coulter in Minnesota used to raise them alot as well but do not know if he still is anymore.

9. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Next time you head up here to the great white north, you will have to swing in and see him then. [​IMG]

10. WyandotteTX

Jan 10, 2010
    Haha, I like going to Minnesota actually. I think he lived in Owatonna if I remember correctly.
    If I want to continue to recovery project the next step may be to do a total outcross to WLR Cornish x GL Wyandotte to recreate the variety but thats about 5-8 years worth of work. Know that from experience......haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by