1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White LaFleche Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Fowl Mouth, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Fowl Mouth

Fowl Mouth Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2012
    Midwest USA
    About 12 years back, I had a trio of White LaFleche Bantams. True white, not the silver/gray/pale blue "sports" you find in some LaFleche largefowl flocks.

The birds were about the size of Old English Games. They were not perfect, but were very nice for the time being and at that time they were my holy grail along with my Fayoumis. I had hopes of expanding my white LaFleche Bantam flock but long story short... some downsizing and factory closings where I worked ended up in my losing the farm we had been renting, and the trio was sold (along with 100% of my other breeding projects and flocks) when I moved to the city before I had the chance to work with them.

I have never forgotten about the breed and have since tried many many times to locate some offspring of "my" trio to no avail. Emails to the one who purchased the trio have been returning for years. I pretty much gave up trying to find them a couple years ago while touring the USA (though ironically, looking back, it would have been the best time to continue the search [​IMG])

Was just curious if anyone in the USA had some true white LaFleche Bantams for sale, trade or breeding loan. Or if you know of anyone that might have them, or who may have had them in the past.

I would love to be able to fully work with them this time.

2. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    I PMd you.

3. Fowl Mouth

Fowl Mouth Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2012
    Midwest USA
    Thank you! I sent you a message back as soon as I got online this evening. [​IMG] You have no idea how excited your PM has made me already. haha

4. rarechickens

rarechickens New Egg

Mar 3, 2015
    I was wondering if either one of you have any stock for sale or hatching eggs? I have been looking for La Fleche bantams for so long!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by