White leg horns...LAYING???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kubota girl, Jan 29, 2014.

1. kubota girl

kubota girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2014
    KENTUCKY
    i have 2 white leg horns and they are just not laying. they were both about 3 months old when they started laying and now they are 10 months old. Are they done laying? i heard that when chickens get too old they dont lay any more but it seems like they are still really young.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    It is odd that white leghorns that age aren't laying, they are commercial ones?, they usually are super producers. A long BYC thread on why chickens may not be laying https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers Have you checked them over for lice/mites other problems with their health and weight? Are they eating and drinking well? Extra lighting in the coop? Are you sure about their age, could they be older and molting? Could something else be eating the eggs or could they be hiding them (mine are bad about hiding nests).

3. kubota girl

kubota girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2014
    KENTUCKY
    i am pretty sure they are not hiding them... but i will check. i am positive about their age too;-( they are eating and drinking well too( they are my eager eaters of the bunch.) they always have been my best producers of all of them but i havent gotten an egg from either of them in about a week[​IMG] Thanks for your feedback!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by