1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Leghorn Fertile eggs.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by patman75, Jul 27, 2011.

1. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm looking for fertile white leghorn hatching eggs. My neighbor lost 10 of his 16 WLH flock to a stray dog the other day.

I have a broody hen that needs some fertile eggs. Since my chicken to coop ratio is maxed out I thought it would be nice to hatch some WLH eggs for him to help replace this stock.

If you can help or know someone who has fertile WLH eggs please let me know.

Thanks!

Pat

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Contact LMiller49 or FarmerJohn3285, they should have some.

3. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    [​IMG] Thanks for the props Shelley! [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I had to figure out who you were now, you've changed your name! [​IMG]

5. patman75

Thanks for the help. Just heard he has lost 2 more to a fox. I might need a few more broodies to keep up with his loses.

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sounds like he needs to fix his pens first so he can stop losing them [​IMG]

7. patman75

Quote:He free ranges and they are not locked up tight at night. His property, his rules. [​IMG]

I on the other hand I have secure pens and coops with fenced in chicken pastures to keep the chickens from become chew toys for the neighbors dogs. being part of the BYC community has made me very aware of taking measures to keep my chickens safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by