White leghorns with black spots on legs (pic.)

rachel1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
I have some white leghorns, a couple of them have black spots on their legs. They look likke bruises but have been there for a while. They are yellow legged

Last edited:
yes I have and nope they are no crusty or raised........just different color. Also they have just appeared in the last 3 weeks. They have never had them.

Help please tell me if these black spots are ok.......I post on here and usually only one person says something.....am i doing something wrong?

By any chance are your white leghorns actually california whites? Often they are substituted for each other and cali whites do have the ocasional black feathers hiding on their bodies, so I would not put it past them to pop out some black scales too.

By any chance are your white leghorns actually california whites? Often they are substituted for each other and cali whites do have the ocasional black feathers hiding on their bodies, so I would not put it past them to pop out some black scales too.

Nope ..........Definately white leghorns

I have a BR with the same darkened spots on her legs. I assumed mine was bruising because my birds navigate some pretty rough terrain when free-ranging. I guess I will have to take more note of the spots and see if they fade over time.

hi! wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this...? i have a leghorn/RIR mix whose legs look JUST like your picture. wondering if there is cause for concern. i will post a picture asap. thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom