White Leghorns

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pulletchickens1, Jul 27, 2014.

1. pulletchickens1

pulletchickens1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2014
    Well yesterday I got my first eggs from my 6 chickens. I found 2 eggs yesterday, 1 from my silkies and 1 from my leghorns. Today a friend of mine gave me a rooster. I didn't think anything about it and I added it to the flock. Is this going to slow the egg production down now or will it stay the same? The rooster is about 4 months old. As of now, the rooster is afraid of the hens and the hens actually chase the rooster. I dont know if things will smooth out and they will get along or what I may end up having to do. I actually feel bad for the rooster myself because sometimes they do actually peck him if they get him cornered . Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. troy4

troy4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    In da Country Coop
    No.unless they decide to hatch.But that's not go0nna happen until a few months.

3. pulletchickens1

Jul 6, 2014
    Will they eventually all get along? Its pretty bad. The hens don't even allow him in the run for even a minute. He spent just about all of the day in the coop.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  4. troy4

Jul 9, 2013
    In da Country Coop
    Yes.Soon thin gs will be better.How old is he?

5. pulletchickens1

Jul 6, 2014
    4 months. The guy I got him from said he can only crow a half of a crow. He never tried crowing today, lol.

6. troy4

Jul 9, 2013
    In da Country Coop
    He's not defending his self?

7. pulletchickens1

Jul 6, 2014
    No. Good thing though, they all went to sleep together in the coop tonight. Guess it might take some time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by