White marans

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by marndt0579, Feb 5, 2012.

1. marndt0579

marndt0579 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    North Ia
    Does anyone on here have pure white feather footed marans ,I seen some eggs on e-bay .. I might hae to have some

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. xlboergoats

xlboergoats Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Arp, Texas
    I am not sure how old this post is because I just found it accidentally. We have White Marans. We live in Northeast Texas. You can either email through this site or send me a private email if you are still looking for White Marans.

Thanks,
    Ernie Haire
    Arp, Texas

3. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    xlboargoats, if you ever make into the Austin area let me know. I have some white Marans chicks I just recieved but wouldn't mind having some from more than one blood line.

4. ThaiChick

ThaiChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    STL, Missouri
    Pictures please!

5. nella747

nella747 New Egg

Feb 7, 2010
    I would like to purchase some hatching eggs, please email me some info on this

6. chateau poulet

chateau poulet Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    Washington DC suburbs
    Would you mind posting a pic? I'd love to see one.

7. windchester

windchester New Egg

Jun 29, 2009
    I raise French Black Copper Marans and Cuckoo Marans. This summer I gathered my darkest eggs and put them under a broody hen, and I now have pure white birds. 2 Roosters, 1 hen, very featherfooted, one rooster has pink legs, the other Rooster and Hen have blue legs.
    I did a little research on these and they are a bit rare. If anyone is interested in one of the roosters I would part with one. They are getting HUGE! I will try to get some good photos and get them posted.
    I just moved up here to Northern Mn. from Indiana.

8. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    How old are the roosters and how much do you want for them? When you say your darkest eggs, how dark do you think they were? Thanks!

9. IdaArchae

IdaArchae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    SE Idaho
    I noticed a breeder in Emmet, Idaho has White Marans, among others: http://www.rolofarms.com/ I have not seen the birds in person, that is a 4 hour drive for me, but in case someone is interested.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  10. windchester

windchester New Egg

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Sorry these took so long. They are getting big. And they are out of about a number 7 egg. I will keep posting photos as they progress.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by