1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHITE MUSCOVIES are they common or rare? Anybody's got them?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pascopol, Sep 21, 2010.

1. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    I wonder if anybody has White Muscovies laying now, I need a few eggs, would like to hatch a pair or trio before next season.

In deep South Muscovies lay and brood year around including winter, at least in Central Fl they do.

White Scovies should not be an exeption.

2. jrobertson

jrobertson Robertson's Rare Poultry

Apr 24, 2010
    NW Alabama
    i do have white scovies but, they are this years hatch and will not lay until the spring. i will have ducklings and eggs available next season. also should have pied, duclair, barred chocolate and maybe some lavender. several mallard derivitave breeds will be available too. pekin, cayuga, khaki campbell, magpie, ancona, mallard, fawn and white runner, grey runner, fawn runner, swedish, and chocolate calls.

3. pascopol

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:You have lot's of goooood stuf! Welcome to BYC. I am sure your birds and eggs will be in great demand here spring comes.

Anybody else raising White Scovies?

4. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I have a few juveniles available, but no eggs. I don't think they're that rare. There's also a type of white muscovy that has just a patch of color on the head. Most of my 'whites' are this type - though I do have a solid white hen and drake, if I remember correctly. From what I understand the 'color crested whites' pattern is a result of a double dose of the pied gene, and if you breed two together you'll either get solid whites or white birds with a colored crest.

My hens have seemingly stopped laying for the year. Mine start back up in February, though I tend to take those away. Since I don't have JUST the whites, though, mine will be several different possible colors. [​IMG]

5. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I will have solid whites scovies this spring along with Chocolate(Pieds, Duclair,Rippled,Barred), Ripple, Blue,Blue Barred, Silver, Lavender, Blue Fawn(Lilac), and maybe a few other color varieties.

6. roboboy

roboboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Wisconsin
    I have white muscovies, nothing laying anymore though. Getting too cool here for that. It took them months to start laying this summer, they didn't lay until late to mid June and then their first clutches were wiped out by a skunk.

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Mine are still laying but I live too far away to get the eggs to you. I have about 30 white muscovies. 17 adults and 13 ducklings. Had a total of about 75 ducklings to hatch so far this year and they are still laying eggs. [​IMG]

8. pascopol

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:If tey are still laying you can send me some eggs.

Sent you PM

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I sent you a message back.

10. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have a solid white scovy on a nest now but her last clutch did not contain any white ducklings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by