Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bbrice

Chirping
Sep 28, 2019
Battle Mountain, Nevada
I have a few dominant whites and a couple recessives (from bbs breeding). Will I get white babies if I breed to a white legged dominant white rooster? Love these fluffy beautiful huge babies. First and 2nd photo are the dominants (5 months old and 3 months)all white legged,and the last photo of two are the recessives blue legged about 3.5 months old
100_7293.JPG
100_7079.JPG
100_7251.JPG

Slate shanks are recessive, and the id gene (dermal melanin) is sexlinked, so a white-legged roo over a dark-legged hen should make all white shanks. Should. The genetics are a often little more complicated than that.

Assuming your D.White roo is entirely dominant white, he'll produce all white offspring. They'll have a few black feathers because they won't have inherited D.white from their mothers. The recessive white will not affect their colouring, as they'll only have one copy of it.
Dominant white also has an affect on dermal melanin, two copies will dilute it too much to pass as slate(think about White Araucanas vs White Ameraucanas) Perhaps he can breed his Dominant White with Solid Black and create the Paint Phenotype on Orps.

Slate shanks are recessive, and the id gene (dermal melanin) is sexlinked, so a white-legged roo over a dark-legged hen should make all white shanks. Should. The genetics are a often little more complicated than that.

Assuming your D.White roo is entirely dominant white, he'll produce all white offspring. They'll have a few black feathers because they won't have inherited D.white from their mothers. The recessive white will not affect their colouring, as they'll only have one copy of it.

Back
Top Bottom