White parasites in my chicken's mouth

Is there a bad odor?
Doesn't look like worms to me, looks like Canker which is caused by protozoa.
Treatment for Canker is Metronidazole given 5-7 days orally at 250mg a day.
It's contagious, so treat your flock's water with Acidified Copper Sulfate for 3 days each month at 1/4tsp per gallon of water. Use only plastic or rubber containers when giving the ACS.

IF there's no odor, then it's likely a yeast infection. Nystatin would be the treatment.
It doesn't smell bad it is just white there is no order to her breath

Then it could be fungus (thrush, candida, yeast.) If it develops a bad odor over the next few days, still consider that as canker. For fungus, Nystatin is good. It is a prescription drug from a vet, but you can get the powder form here online called Medistatin and dosage for oral administration is at the bottom:
https://jedds.com/products/medistatin-medpet

If you notice an odor, then try the metronidazole (Aqua Zole) that WyorpRock recommended earlier. Here is where to get that:
https://www.allivet.com/p-11638-aqu...MIgr_H27uo9gIVkcmUCR0dSAbUEAQYASABEgLMQvD_BwE

So should I use the killverm and the medistatin
is there a meditstatin alternative because it could take a month to get here from America
(I live in Australia)

Save the Killverm for future use. It isn't a parasitic worm.

If it is fungal, I think a womens vaginal product might work. Someone else can chime in on that department. Surely you have those over there.

Look for miconazole or clotrimazole creams in your pharmacy. They may have brand names, but those are used for men’s and women’s fungal infections. Your vet’s office may be able to tell you if there is another brand name for Nystatin or Medistatin. Continue to smell for a bad odor, and then consider to treat for canker if a bad odor occurs.

Look for miconazole or clotrimazole creams in your pharmacy. They may have brand names, but those are used for men’s and women’s fungal infections. Your vet’s office may be able to tell you if there is another brand name for Nystatin or Medistatin. Continue to smell for a bad odor, and then consider to treat for canker if a bad odor occurs.
ok will do

So should I use the killverm and the medistatin
is there a meditstatin alternative because it could take a month to get here from America
(I live in Australia)
Fish Zole is available in most pet stores. It is Medistatin/Nystatin. No prescription required.

I initially thought it might be thrush, but after viewing the video several times, I swear I can see the white objects moving independently.

As always, it's a best guess scenario.

Back
Top Bottom