White parasites in my chicken's mouth

has some trouble breathing sometimes and makes a sort of coughing noise to try to clear her throat she is a Plymouth rock got her November last year she is less than a year old she is laying eggs.

I just went down and checked her mouth again and the white things weren't there I took another video
When did you initially check the inside of her beak for the first video? Had she just been eating? Could it have been feed that you filmed inside her beak?
I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

Fish Zole, Flagyl, etc. is Metronidazole (an antibiotic) which can be used for various infections including control of protozoa that causes Canker in chickens, pigeons, etc.
Fish Zole is not Medistatin/Nystatin.
Fish Zole is available in most pet stores. It is Medistatin/Nystatin. No prescription required.

I initially thought it might be thrush, but after viewing the video several times, I swear I can see the white objects moving independently.

As always, it's a best guess scenario.

When did you initially check the inside of her beak for the first video? Had she just been eating? Could it have been feed that you filmed inside her beak?
I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.
I had a look a couple of times before the first video and there was only white stuff at the top of her throat just above that slit that opens for her to breathe. I don't think it was food

I checked her mouth again and there wasn't anything...
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Back
Top Bottom