White plymouth Rock roo-what will chicks look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by littlelemon, Oct 27, 2007.

1. littlelemon

littlelemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2007
    Ohio
    Okay, I am not really keen on researching this for myself [​IMG] , but I know that some of you can answer this for me!

I have a White Plymouth Rock roo. What would his offspring look like if he was bred with a Barred Plymouth Rock? What about a Golden Comet?

Also, if he was bred with my Easter Eggers who lay blue and green eggs, what color eggs would we get?

Just wondering!

2. JJSmith

JJSmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2007
    Hi Littlelemon, I am not sure about your white plymoth rock, but last year I crossed a Columbian Rock hen with an Easter Egger roo and the hens were beautiful, they look like the columbian with the ear muffs and beard of the easter egger, she lays brown eggs. I think anything with brown eggs is dominant? But I also have a leghorn crossed with an easter egger and she too has the look of a leghorn with muffs. She lays wonderful sky blue eggs. I also crossed a Barred Plymouth Rock roo with some columbian rock hens and they look like the barred rocks, larger in size with dark grey where the black barrs are on a plymouth rock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by