White Plymouth Rocks - green legs?

MyBlackHen

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Upstate New York
Hi there, I have 3 white 7-week old pullets. Two I believe are white plymouth rocks (I ordered one but I allowed substitutions on my order and I think I received two). My friend gave me another white bird - same exact age. At first I thought it looked exactly the same as my other two but now I am realizing that the one she gave me has green legs and the other two have yellow/orange legs. I was wondering if this is probably a White Rock or could it be something else?

Thanks for your feedback!

My easter eggers have green legs
idunno.gif

I had 6 pullets from cackel hatchery 3 had yellow legs and 3 had greenish legs. so yes it is possible for white rock to have greenish legs.

I went to the feed store to buy a buddy chick for another chick that was the only one to hatch. I wanted a Buff EE but they were all out of them. The sign on the brooder said that the other chicks that were in with the EEs were Delawares (white chicks) so I bought one of those. Well, here is a picture of that white chick that now has green legs next to my BLRW chick and I am pretty sure she is a beardless/muffless EE! I went back the next week to the feed store and they had gotten a shipment of WHITE EE chicks, and I bought two and they look just like my white, supposed to be Delaware chick but with the fuzzy faces!
54909_p1020280.jpg

I noticed that my green-legged pullet also has fluffy feathers coming out the sides of its face - is this what is called a muff? One of my Easter Eggers has that too, so I'm thinking this is also an Easter Egger, not a White Rock as I originally thought? Here is a picture:

61598_2010-07-18_185414.jpg

I"m thinking EE on the one with a muff. White Giants can have greenish legs. Rocks aren't supposed to, unless it's a trait that was left in there when breeding at the hatchery.

Thanks for the help! I really hope you are right and she is an Easter Egger - we have two other ones and we're excited to find out what color the eggs will be!

Back
Top Bottom