1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Polish bald spot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rfulenwider, Oct 4, 2015.

1. rfulenwider

rfulenwider Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG]My white polish is getting his (or her) feathers plucked on its head :(...I've put pine tar on it, but that just stains his pretty feathers. My chickens are only 3 months old so I was wondering if he will hold his own when he is older? Or will my hens always pick on him?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Polish are very prone to having their crest picked at. It's likely to continue as they grow. I highly recommend Pick-No-More lotion. I've never had it fail me, and everybody I've recommended it to now swears by it.

1 person likes this.
  3. evitachu

evitachu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    Same thing is happening to me. I separated him and moved him to my silkie coop. It's been 3 days now, and I see he is happier.
    Today I was dusting everyone, including Julio, my baldy, sweet, gentle roostee. I noticed that the stems are growing back.
    Read my thread under Polish talk.... The suggestions are awesome. The anti pecking lotion did not work and only stains his beautiful hair.

1 person likes this.
  4. rfulenwider

rfulenwider Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2015
    Thank you for your help! I saw you also have one named Elvis! That is his name as well [​IMG]...

5. evitachu

evitachu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    How funny!!! My Elvis will be stuck with thia name although she is a girl. Lol

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by