White Polish From McMurray Sickly and Die

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DesertChick324, Jul 23, 2010.

1. DesertChick324

DesertChick324 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    I am raising or trying to raise white polish for a taxidermist friend of mine. We got an order of 10 on April 1st and another order of 10 on June 27th. The first 10 have all died and 4 of the second order have died. They are small when they arrive and never seem to thrive. I feed Purina medicated chick starter, chick scratch, chick grit, quick chick in the water, pine shavings and the first 3 days paper over ther bedding, heat started at 95 and went down 5 degrees every week. There are other breeds that came with them and they seem to be fine. I got 4 EE bantams and they are bigger then the white polish. I got some silver polish also and they are fine and growing. It's just the white polish that are small and drop dead. Any ideas, any experience with McMurray white polish? I got the second order because the first all perished before the second got here. Thanks in advance.

2. DesertChick324

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    Bump.

3. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    I cannot give you a direct answer but I will say I have read a few post of people stating chicks from this hatchery are dying.

4. SmittenChicken

SmittenChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    I don't have any Polish, but 13 of my 14 McMurray chicks (mixed flock) are alive and well at 17 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your birds, I hope you find out what's going on. I'm really interested to hear if others have had a similar experience?

5. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Try Meyer Hatchery- http://www.meyerhatchery.com/

I
    got my four pullets from there and they are thriving. Perhaps something is wrong with the McMurray chicks.

6. DesertChick324

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    1 more dead today. 5 more to go, everyone else is fine. The silver polish are twice the size of the whites. I have been doing this chicken thing for a long time. I am going to call McMurray on Monday. This is too weird for me to be doing something wrong. 2 seperate orders of various breeds and ONLY the WHITE Polish stay small and die. Just way too weird.

7. DesertChick324

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    Bumpiddty, bump, bump...

8. DesertChick324

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    Still have 5.

9. DesertChick324