White poop with red worm inside!!!

Brummie Pekin

Songster
6 Years
Sep 2, 2017
United Kingdom, Birmingham
I woke up this morning to find poop that looked like milk and it contained a worm like creature inside(the worm was about 15 mm in length). I panicked and quickly cleaned it and through it in the trash (Hence why there is no picture). It was only one single dropping and I couldn't tell from which of my 4 chicks it was from so I watched my chicks hoping I could find out who done it. all 4 chicks were doing normal droppings and all of them look healthy. I am really worried and I think one of them might have worms but I cant tell which one. Any help would be appreciated.
(Chicks are around 5 weeks old) :hit:confused::barnie

Without a pic, it would be impossible to identify. Where did your chicks come from, and where have you been housing them until this point? You can do a google search for tape worm and round worm to see if any of those pics match what you saw. I doubt that you really did see a worm in a chick that young. Don't panic until you know for sure that there is an issue.

Without a pic, it would be impossible to identify. Where did your chicks come from, and where have you been housing them until this point? You can do a google search for tape worm and round worm to see if any of those pics match what you saw. I doubt that you really did see a worm in a chick that young. Don't panic until you know for sure that there is an issue.
3-12-13+Stella+egg+yolk+peritonitis+(1).JPG

It looked very much like this but with a red worm looking thing inside (found this pick on Google when typing "chicken poop with worm"

Can you collect some poop from random chicks and take it to the nearest vet to have it checked for worms?

Back
Top Bottom