White rings

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by susyquza, Mar 15, 2017.

1. susyquza

susyquza New Egg

Mar 15, 2017
    This is the second time i have found a white ring on my ISA Brown's egg. We have been experiencing a very hot March. I am not sure if it makes the egg bad. There is plenty of water. They have a lovely nesting box with three places and a roosting pole away from the box. Every night they sleep in the nesting box and they lay the eggs on the straw on the floor. I give up.

2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    I'm not sure what you mean. Could you post a picture? Thanks

3. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Also, it's bad for them to sleep in the nesting box. You should make sure the nesting boxes are at floor level and there is plenty of roosting space above the nesting boxes. You can 'train' them to sleep on the roosts by placing them on the roosts every night, until they get the idea. How many chickens do you have?

4. snow5164

snow5164 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2015
    Canada
    I've had that from my isa brown , it literally looks like they stopped laying it half way out?? Like it got soft in the middle then proceeded out. Mine lay jumbo eggs having had babies I feel badly for my girls [​IMG][​IMG]

I won't ever get hybrids again , it's too hard to watch them lay so many eggs that their bodies age in front of your eyes ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by