White Rock Bantam Chix in Tx

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tx_dane_mom, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Would anyone be interested in these chix? They should be hatching Thurs-Fri. I will have 10-12.
    Located in SE Texas near Beaumont.

2. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    i live in clovis new mexico - would you be able to ship? i could help with shipping cost.

3. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I've never shipped chix before and don't really have the equipment to do so. I really am interested in someone meeting me locally. I am possibly planning a trip to the Houston area, so could even deliver them to Houston when they are a tiny bit older. As day olds I'll be asking about $1.50 for them (based on what I paid to have the eggs shipped here) and the price would increase as they age. I don't need to get rid of them, I just prefer Lg. birds, and accidentally bid on them (bantams) so I thought I'd see if someone needed these.
    Kristi

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    i wish i lived closer I have been looking for a few banty hens - I have a little banty roo that would love some girls his own size LOL

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    We're close(in the woods north of Beaumont) but do not need any chicks, sorry Let me know if you get more standards than you need or if you want to order some next spring and don't want all 25 maybe we can split an order.

6. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    when you're ready to come to houston, i would post it on the houston craigslist. i've been getting tons of people wanting to buy my chickens on there. i'm sure you'll get takers that will pay your price.

if you need any help, let me know.

michele

7. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Oh, Is $1.50 too much?? From what I see on other sites it's considerably cheaper...
    Kristi

8. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I would love to take them myself, but I won't be in the area until the weekend of Nov. 17th. [​IMG] If you still have them at that time, maybe we could make arrangements? [​IMG]

9. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    no, $1.50 is not expensive at all. compaired to the hatchery price, it's about the right price. if you come to houston and decide to list it on craigslist, post them for $2.50. that way they'll partially pay for your gas. [​IMG]

10. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Ok guys, I was VERY dissapointed with this hatch [​IMG] In the end I have 3 White Rocks and 1 Black Rosecomb Bantam. This is really not enough for me to get started in either of these breeds, so I am interested in selling them when they are about a month old. (I did have one Jersey Giant hatch & it needs them for company til then.)
    If you will be interested in the 4 of them, let me know.
    Kristi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by