1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

White Rock Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dandan111, Mar 12, 2015.

1. dandan111

dandan111 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Chicks are doing so well! Wing feathers are starting to come in. We moved them to the barn. We've been using a white light and milk house heater. Keeping it covered at night.

Should I be thinking about some sort of medicating? All seem very healthy. Just feeding the grit the feed store sent home with them. Birds came from ideal.

2. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I am thinking you mean chick crumbles not grit. Grit is the stones they eat to help crush food in the gizzard.
    If they are all healthy looking and active why change a good thing?
    I have mine on medicated chick crumbles. It does not treat any illness but rather helps to prevent coccidiosis.

3. dandan111

Aug 25, 2013
    Ok. Didn't know what grit was I guess. I'm going to take a closer look at the bag.

4. dandan111

Aug 25, 2013
    Feeding pen pals starter/grower.

5. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    Not a bad feed at all. If you choose to they do make a medicated formula. I think it is a mater of preference personally. I do feed the medicated starter to mine. Mine just seem more active on it for some reason.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by