white rock eggs.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bluefeather2697, Dec 15, 2011.

1. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    when will i expect them? unfortunately i dont know her age. thanks anyways. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

I`m guessing this bird is only 7-8 weeks old. I`m also guessing, by the color on the face and comb size, that it`s a cockeral. Could be wrong, as different breeds show differently, but I would be expecting a crow and not eggs, sorry.......Pop

3. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I wouldn't be expecting eggs from that one. Something about the shape of its face doesn't look pullet to me. I've raised barred rocks and partridge rocks and they have had very similar bone structure in the head - quite different from yours.

Could you maybe get a picture from a different angle?

Edited to add: Are you sure it's a white rock?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    i dont know, but she's a cross, her her mother is a pure white rock and his father is a white orpington, according to my neighbor who gave her to me. they're are pair, and its male partner has already evident bright red combs and her is like that, still dull and flat, same age. so im sure she's a pullet.

here's a close-up, sorry i only have these 2 pics [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    She's definitely young still - a couple months at least before you get eggs, possibly longer since it's wintertime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by