White rock hens, barred rock hens bred by a Light Brahma Rooster

ging3rhoffman

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Is it okay to breed white rock hens and barred rock hens or even black aussies to a Light Brahma Rooster? I wasnt sure if it was right to do that. They would be meat birds and Im not sure how they would come out and I didnt want anything weird to happen to them...like a leg growing out of the top of their head! Just wondering if its a good idea.

I don't think you'll have any legs growing out of heads... you'll just have a combination of the two breeds, likely in a semi-unpredictable manner. Nothing wrong with that, they'll just be "designer".
lol.png

Okay ,this is weird. I have BR & WR hens. The only rooster I have is a light Brahma ! I have no broody hens yet, however my eggs are fertile and I am currently waiting on my homemade bator to level offf at the right settings. Hopefully I will have some of these same "designer" chicks soon ! Good luck, on yours !

I thought with the Light Brahma on the barred rock would be interesting and then on the white rock, who knows! Sounds fun. Post your pics. I will be sure and post mine also, although it will be awhile for me, i dont have my flock yet. Just ordered them.

Back
Top Bottom