White rock hens, barred rock hens bred by a Light Brahma Rooster

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ging3rhoffman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Is it okay to breed white rock hens and barred rock hens or even black aussies to a Light Brahma Rooster? I wasnt sure if it was right to do that. They would be meat birds and Im not sure how they would come out and I didnt want anything weird to happen to them...like a leg growing out of the top of their head! Just wondering if its a good idea.

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I don't think you'll have any legs growing out of heads... you'll just have a combination of the two breeds, likely in a semi-unpredictable manner. Nothing wrong with that, they'll just be "designer". [​IMG]

3. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Okay ,this is weird. I have BR & WR hens. The only rooster I have is a light Brahma ! I have no broody hens yet, however my eggs are fertile and I am currently waiting on my homemade bator to level offf at the right settings. Hopefully I will have some of these same "designer" chicks soon ! Good luck, on yours !

4. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    I thought with the Light Brahma on the barred rock would be interesting and then on the white rock, who knows! Sounds fun. Post your pics. I will be sure and post mine also, although it will be awhile for me, i dont have my flock yet. Just ordered them.

5. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Hopefully, if all goes well mine will be in the bator in a couple of days .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by