White Rock Roo--- Need Pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Laskaland, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Hi y'all. I have scoured websites for pictures of a white rock roo. I think I have one. It came as a Heavy Breed mix from MM.
    I need to post a picture, but for now if you have one, can I see it?
    I have hens, but need a roo...
    THANK Y OU

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG]

3. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Thanks! I kind of need the neck feathering.
    My white guy has neck feathers like my wyandotte, but the legs are yellow... He's all white..
    Need to corner him and catch a picture...
    thanx

4. I have two White Plymouth Rock roos that are JUST getting their tail feathers in. They are not matured yet, but if you need a pic of them I will go out and get one for you.

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG]

6. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here he is... I hope he is a White Rock
    Thanks for looking!

7. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:THAT is an awesome picture... Looks my guy, but cleaner, lol
    THANK YOU

8. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I should add that he's 18 weeks old today...

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yours intrigues me...I bet you there is some Leghorn in that bird. The face being white makes me wonder....LOL

I wish the white rock in that photo was mine, I just used it from mypetchicken.com. It just had what you were looking for...thank you though! lol!

Are you feeding them some corn? The corn in the diet can cause the feathers to turn that yellow coloration. Some claim that the sun can do it as well, but I never seem to have that issue with my white birds. My black birds, the poorly bred ones in my flock, will get a burned brownish feather at the end of the summer before they molt. THAT is from the sun as I don't feed corn during the summer months.

10. Laskaland

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I think they are just dirty. Honestly. He's outside all day. My hens are white as can be and they rarely meander outside.
    He caqme as a Heavy Mixed Breed Cockerel order. I didn't know what breed I wanted when I ordered at first so I wanted some to choose from. I think he would be pure then, as he's hatchery??
    I was thinking leghorn too, but the legs threw me.... and his comb isn't as big as a leghorn I don't think....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by