white rock, white wyandotte, or a delaware or wyandotte leghorn cross?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heiditam, Nov 3, 2014.

1. heiditam

heiditam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

She has a small single comb. Her legs-I would not say they are yellow or pink. They are kind of a mix-pale yellow and pink and peach. She is white, however, she has delaware or columbian type ghosting/light gray markings on neck and ends of tail only. You can see it here if you look closely. She runs smaller than the rest from her hatch, and she is really so sweet-the least afraid of me. From the same barnyard sale, they had a leghorn and I got what appears to be a columbian wyandotte(pea comb, nice black/white on tail and neck feathers-the chicken in my avatar). If that helps. I would love to confirm what she is. :) She is probably around 22-24 weeks.

Thanks so much!

2. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    Here she is when she was younger-see the neck barring? She has these dark areas on tips of her tail now as well, but the rest of her feathers are snow white-only that ghost shading on neck area and very tips of tail feathers.

[​IMG]

3. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Columbian Wyandotte x Leghorn would be a good guess. However, in the first picture she looks quite large-framed for such a cross.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    My guess is that she's a Delaware/White Rock mix. I don't think that she has Wyandotte in her, as she would likely have a rose comb (rose comb is dominant to single comb).

5. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    Thanks :) You know, I see what you mean now...she is smaller than other hens her same age, BUT, she def is not long and lean like a leghorn. I have always noticed that her breast is very puffy looking.

Okay that is great info about the comb dominance, thanks. :) :)

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

7. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    Thanks! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by