White Rocks--Where are they?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by smith2, Jan 27, 2010.

1. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    There seems to be a shortage of anyone raising the Plymouth White Rock breed? Not the Cornish X. Anyone know why? I just don't hardly ever see anyone posting on them on the BYC. Have been looking for some, but no one seems to have any? Are they only used in the Cornish X?

2. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Murray McMurray has them along with Barred Rocks, Buff Rocks, and Patridge Rocks.

3. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I should have been more specific. I really want some breeder stock. I have gotten some from hatcheries before, but wasn't happy with the quality. The breeder birds are so much better IMO.

5. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Matt John raises them. He is a really high quality breeder. I do not know if he has any available, but you might look. http://www.shadylanepoultry.com/

6. karabbitry

karabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Rocks are one of the most popular breeds in the US, and white is probably the most common, although it may be barred if you count all the production birds. If you visit http://www.crohio.com/rockclub/ this should be a big help for you. There are lots of members that are breeders of bantam and large white rocks.

7. camalianus

camalianus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    I believe you can order stock quality poultry from purelypoultry. His website makes a difference between the hatchery stock and the breeder stock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by