White Rocks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Promiselandfarm, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I have white rocks and many other breeds. How do all of you feel about the white rocks? I really like them but what is the general consensus about this breed?

2. mawmaw_t

mawmaw_t Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have White Rocks, they are pretty friendly. I really like them. When they are free ranging & I go out they come running to see what I may have for treats or maybe just to visit. They are not as flighty as my White Leghorns.

As a bonus I'm starting to get very large eggs, weighing 2.8 oz. & they have been double yolkers.

They are listed as a Dual Purpose breed, which suits our purposes.

We will be getting more of these this spring, as well as some more White Leghorns & maybe some Rhode Island Reds.

I vote 'Yea!' for White Rocks!

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Love them. They are just about to start laying, they are friendly, pretty, and have been really easy to raise! They get along with all my other birds... I bought them b/c they do well in the cold and hot, and are dual purpose, and plan to hang on to them until they don't lay anymore and then, well...soup them
    Christina

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I use to have some on the farm, I really liked the breed. Did well in winters and layed real well for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by