white sex link pullets

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tlco, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    I bought my chicks from TS was told they are (4)red sex link chicks (which are a redish brown color) and 2 white sex link chicks all pullet the supposed white chicks are yellow in color at this time. Is there such a thing as a white sex link hen? From all my googeling I am thinking no, and now have no idea if TS knows what they are selling. As I am a novice and know zero to nothing about breeds of chickens some help would be appreciated with this. I have read up on the sex link gene and it can be a little confusing but believe I understand the basic ideal. Advice plz and thank you sorry won't let me post a pic...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    The white ones could be roosters, otherwise there's an amber sex link that is whitish. But without photo I can only guess.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They could be Amberlinks. They're not color sex linked, they're feather sexable per the website.

Or, they could be male red sex links. Really no way to tell until they grow out some.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

5. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    [​IMG]

Not the best pick of my TS 2 "white" sex link pullets, but they are the lighter of the others. Will try to get a better pick, still to young to tell if roo's or not.TS assures me they will be white hens..but I don't know..they look like wait and see's to me....

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by