White Showgirl cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onthespot, Sep 18, 2010.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have a pretty little boy who is just starting to try to romance the ladies. His father was a showgirl, the mother was a SQ white silkie hen. The father has produced a lot of partridge babies, so high likelihood this showgirl carries partridge. The feathers in his cushion are nice and shreddy, his earlobes are turning blue, and he has nice spacing and REALLY DARK skin for a showgirl, better than a lot of purebred silkies. He has a pea comb and only a few feathers on his middle toe. Local pickup only. I have others in blue and partridge and blue partridge if interested. Most of those do not have pea combs and have better foot feathering and are all split to white, and probably partridge. Here are a few more pics of the one featured in this auction.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and here is a photo of his mama! What a looker SHE is!
    [​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    ShowGIRL cockerel? Isn't that an oxymoron? [​IMG]

3. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

That Showgirl cockrell looks perfect for my needs. What part of Calif are you from, I hope we live close. I live in the high desert, in Lucerne Valley. Do you have any White Showgirls or Silkies for sale? I used to have over 70
    birds, then I had a stroke and gave them all away cause I couldn't care for them. Now I can care for them again
    so I am rebuilding.

4. ItsSuzzie

Ok. Riverside/Norko is fine. Lets hook up.

5. ItsSuzzie

Ok. Riverside/Norko is fine. Lets hook up.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi! Sorry to hear about your stroke! So glad you can use this boy. His mother was absolutely spectacular looking. She was an older hen and I only had a few chicks hatch from her then placed her for free with a very nice BYC'er. I have one white showgirl pullet from him, and another cockerel with just a RIDICULOUSLY HUGE cushion, just like his mama. Here are pics of them, just so you can see what pretty birds he has for brothers and sisters. There is a chance he could produce nice big cushions like on the other rooster if you had nice full hens to cross him on. I don't have any to spare right now, but I am looking... I will cross these two when she stars laying, and should have more showgirls in the spring hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by