White Silkie Cockerel for sale or trade pickup near Houston TX

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crazy4eggsJulie, Jun 22, 2009.

1. crazy4eggsJulie

crazy4eggsJulie Songster

Mar 15, 2009
    Another of our "hens" started crowing!

$20 or trade for Black Copper Marans chicks. Might also consider pure Ameraucana or Araucana PULLETS.

We have a beautiful male white Silkie chicken for sale. We raised him from a baby. He has been hand-fed and handled almost daily since birth. He is EXTREMELY GENTLE and keeps to himself-no trouble. Silkies are very difficult to sex. Take this sweet boy off of our hands and know what you are getting rather than buying from the feedstore or hatchery. We would keep him in a heartbeat if he would stop that crowing! Please only contact us if you can provide a good, SAFE home for this special boy. He is used to free range within a fence during the day and being locked in our coop at night.
    He can be picked up here in Lake Jackson anytime or early in the mornings at the Pearland Firestone (I don't want him confined all day waiting on his new home)
    Please contact me with any questions.
    [​IMG]

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Songster

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
  3. Glitterik

Glitterik In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    Houston 77023
    He's gorgeous. Sure wish I could keep a boy around for my blue splash Silkie. Seriously, how loud does a Sillkie rooster crow? Dianne in Houston

4. crazy4eggsJulie

crazy4eggsJulie Songster

Mar 15, 2009
    About the crowing--That's what I was thinking!! How loud can a silkie be, right? [​IMG]
    But OMG! He's loud! We live in one of those restricted subdivisions that has outlawed poultry in the first place! Our direct neighbors are fine with it, but I'm afraid someone down the road will complain. We have already discovered that our Porcelain D'Uccle Pair are both ROOS and 2, possibly all 3 of our baby barred rocks!!!! The d'uccles aren't TOO loud, but they crow all day...literally NON-STOP! I'm trying to find good homes for them as well! Compared to them, this silkie is SO going to get us busted! But...he is SO GORGEOUS and soooooooo SWEET! I have to keep reminding myself that we bought the chickens for eggs (and the silkie because it was so cute) and now he holds no value. (even though it would have taken 4 eggs to feed a kid breakfast!) If we get caught due to his roo-ing, we lose them all! But, somewhere along the way he became my friend and I'm sad...[​IMG]

On the crowing, I'm wondering how loud "real" roosters are if these tiny ones are loud. Maybe I'm just paranoid...[​IMG]

5. Americanaluver

Americanaluver In the Brooder

Jun 18, 2009
    NH
    Quote:Silkie roosters are VERY VERY loud, tiny, but one of the loudest out of the rooster breeds in my opinion, I would so like to buy your D'uccle roosters! [​IMG] I am going to start breeding D'uccles and mini chickens next summer! But, your to fare away... They may die on the way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: