1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Silkie Pair IL/IA Free to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickadee28, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    I need to find a home for a pair or Silkies. I ordered them as pullets from My Pet Chicken, one obviously turned out to be a cockeral. He has started crowing and I have close neighbors, so he needs to go. The hen has not started laying yet but should be close. The male does have curled toes on one foot, but gets around fine and it does not bother him. He does not get up on the roost. He does a good job of protecting the girls. The hen is as sweet as can be. They have been fed organic feed if that matters to anyone. They were hatched on March 1 of this year.

I can't ship them, but I am willing to drive some to get them into a good home. I live in the Quad Cities on the IL/IA border. I can get pics up if needed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    I would love to have them!!! I live in hannibal missouri but i can drive some. Can you post a pic??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Are they bantam Silkies or standard sized ones?

4. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    They are bantams, I will get a pic up this afternoon. I forgot to mention that they live with standard size pullets and have done fine.

Mahsmaj- Let me know once you see the pic, looks like you are a little over 3 hrs away, if no one close to me can take them we can try to work something out for transporting them.

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:All Silkies are bantams. There is no LF or "standard size" Silkies.

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:All Silkies are bantams. There is no LF or "standard size" Silkies.

Ok, thanks. I could have sworn I saw some LF silkies once but maybe I was mistaken or maybe they were mutts and I did not realize it.

7. BigMama

BigMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    I would love to have your Silkie's. I'm in the Northeast corner of Iowa and would gladly meet you in Dubuque if they are still available. Right now we have 25 California Whites and 3 Wyandotes, I would love to get more variety. Let me know if they are still available.
    Melanie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by