White Silkie Rooster X Blue sizzle Hen/Black Laced Black Sizzle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChaddiX, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ChaddiX

ChaddiX Chillin' With My Peeps

Meet "Gallo" and "The Blue Gallina"
    This was the couple the first day I brought them home. I bought them from a breeder in Lincoln, Northern California. She's an 8th generation (smooth) Bearded Blue sizzle. He's a White Bearded Silkie. Will I get any more blues with this couple if I line breed?
    Since White is a Dominant Gene and Silkie Feathering will occur in F2 when crossed to a smooth feathered bird... The couple pictured will produce all Smooth Feathered White sizzles in F1? All looking like the blue hen, but white? SWEET?!
    [​IMG]

"Gallo" at 10 months?
    It was a wet morning, he's not as poofy :-(
    I didn't like him getting dirty in the wet grass... so I shaved him up and trimmed his leg feathers. Anyone else do that?
    [​IMG]

"The Blue Gallina" at 11 months?
    I'm happy with their size and shape.
    [​IMG]

Enter "The Black Gallina" at 8 months?
    9th Generation Bearded Black Laced Black Sizzle.
    F1 Will have smooth or frizzled white feathers. What would be the percentage?
    F2 back to White Silkie will produce White Silkies. If F2 (hen is frizzled) back to White Silkie will produce White Silkie feathering frizzled?
    [​IMG]
    Notice "The Blue Gallina's" DQ on the Primary Feather? Any Chance it might fade after her first molt?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help, input, and comments! I can't wait 'till I get back home to start incubating!

::CHAD::

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:sence sizzle arent showable it not realy a dq u should get blacks and blues maybe whites might get other colors if matter what white is covering up

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know a lot about genetics so I can't help you there.But look forward to seeing what you get when you start hatching. I just started with the sizzles. I have eggs in the incubator now due to hatch oct.16. I have eggs from white silkie rooster to white frizzle cochin hen,splash silkie rooster to splash frazzle cochin hen,and some eggs from my sultan hens and the roosters could be a splash silkie,buff silkie,white silkie or blue partridge frizzle cochin rooster, and I have eggs from emvickrey which are from her sizzles. When you start hatching post some pics. When mine hatch I will post pics.

4. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:a sultan to the right sizzle could make realy cool babies what i do breed sultan to a sizzle then breed those babie back to salton til i got something that looked like a blue frizzle sultan

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like to see a frizzle buff sultan.Maybe the buff silkie is the dad to some of the chicks that are due to hatch? I switched the sultan hens several times.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    White silkies are usually NOT dominant white, but rather are recessive white. In either case, a pure white bird is covering other, unknown colour or pattern genes that can and will show up in offspring.

Half the F1 offspring of the white silkie and blue smooth sizzle will inherit blue, the other half will not. All will inherit a copy of the gene for silkie feathering, but it will not be apparent. Note that when I said will inherit blue, I did not say that they will BE blue; chances are pretty good that other patterns or colours will be present.

I am not sure what you mean by black laced black; there is no such thing. Do you mean a very dark blue laced? That would be my guess from your description. Half her offspring will be frizzled. If she carries a hidden copy of silkie feathering, some of the offspring could be frizzled silkies. Assuming she is laced blue, the colour comments I made above repeat here, except that you may see lacing, too.

7. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Quote:sence sizzle arent showable it not realy a dq u should get blacks and blues maybe whites might get other colors if matter what white is covering up

Suze missed this one, you would be incorrect about showing Sizzles. They are shown all of the time. They are shown according to their breed, in this case Sizzles are shown with Silkies.

8. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan

Suze missed this one, you would be incorrect about showing Sizzles. They are shown all of the time. They are shown according to their breed, in this case Sizzles are shown with Silkies.

frizzle are shown all time
    where dose a sizzle fit in to any standard sizzles are made from crossing a frizzle cochin to a silkie, the only way u could show them is if the where a frizzled silkie they would have have frizzle and silkie feathers

9. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    And they are called Sizzles and I've seen them at shows several times. In fact my best friend had some fantastic looking Sizzles at a couple of the shows she and I attended at the same time. Like I said before, they are shown with Silkies.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona

Oops, meant to say something about that, but when it came to writing...thanks for picking it up, Robin [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by