1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Silkie Roosters for FREE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Year of the Rooster, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have 3 roosters here for sale, though only two are shown below. The third one not shown has a single comb. I live in Auglaize County if anyone would be interested.
    Roo #1
    [​IMG]

Roo #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    ooo...what pretty silkies [​IMG]

3. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    ARG!!!! You are too far away from me!

How big are these roosters???

4. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Hi mika! By big would you like height or weight? Roo 1 is the bigger of the two. The roost he is by is about 12 inches high but when he stretches up to get a better view of things he looks pretty tall.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  5. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Height and weight I suppose. Probably height and width would be best. I'm trying to find the biggest silkies I can! [​IMG]

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Ooooooo! Well I know the biggest I have is Roo #1! But just for you I will get precise measurements! [​IMG]

7. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    I want your roo #1. He is beautiful!!! But, you are in Ohio.......I'm in PA........too far............... [​IMG] Noriko.

8. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Hmmm... I have some relatives that live in that area.... -sigh- If only you guys lived closer.. I'm worried these guys might get butchered [​IMG]

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:My one silkie roo weighs 3 1/2 pounds! I thought that was pretty heavy for a silkie!

10. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    I have some silkie roos here too. All of my silkie roos (some whites, blue, splash) are big too! I've never checked thier weight or height, though. There are Standard silkie & bantam silkies....but, i'm pretty sure I have bantam silkies with the size of my hens. And, I really want a new bloodline to my white silkie flock. Oh, I hope you dont have to cull your beautiful silkie roos!!! I wish I could get your silkie roo #1. I fell in love with him. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by