White silkie throughly enjoyed leftover peanut butter pasta!

chick-habit

Chirping
May 11, 2016
los angeles, ca

Our loveable goof ball, the baby baby, is the messiest eater! Here is the aftermath of kelp noodle pasta with peanut butter sauce. Sweet and beautiful siouxsie Sioux is giving her major side eye.

Silkies are wonderful aren't they! Though I'd be careful with what you feed your chickens, especially leftovers. Carbs are better in moderation if at all and salt and any spices you would put on something for a human to eat will kill a chicken. Foods containing large amounts of salt can lead to a condition known as salt poisoning, salt toxicity, hypernatremia, or water deprivation-sodium ion intoxication. The small bodies of chickens are not meant to ingest large amounts of salt.They will eat whatever you give them and it is up to us as the owners to keep them in good health.

Thank you so much for your comment. I promise to keep an eye on what is in their food . On a side note the noodles were made from kelp, so no carbs, but the peanut butter probably is a little salty.
Silkies are wonderful aren't they! Though I'd be careful with what you feed your chickens, especially leftovers. Carbs are better in moderation if at all and salt and any spices you would put on something for a human to eat will kill a chicken. Foods containing large amounts of salt can lead to a condition known as salt poisoning, salt toxicity, hypernatremia, or water deprivation-sodium ion intoxication. The small bodies of chickens are not meant to ingest large amounts of salt.They will eat whatever you give them and it is up to us as the owners to keep them in good health.

I appreciate the calm, reasonable response. I saw the part about the kelp pasta after the fact--sounds more interesting then concerning anyways. Silkies are wonderful chickens and I hope you enjoy your future with them.

Back
Top Bottom