White Silkie Trio NY Cape Cod/ ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Oct 11, 2011.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    White Silkie Trio. The Roo is about 1.5 years old and the 2 pullets are about 5 months old. The roo has very heavily feathered feet with good separation of toes, a big crest, beard and muff and vaulted scull and Mulberry walnut comb. Very friendly and good with the hens and gets along well with other roos. The 2 pullets are nice type and not done filling in yet. both have good feet and big crests coming in, one I believe is a few weeks older than the other. All have nice white color with no leakage of any kind. I have been breeding my whites for years and many have been sold to those who show and I have gotten reports (some have even commented on prior auctions) that many have won high ribbons.

Express Shipping with new large Horizon box is $65 I can not ship to Ohio.

I am driving to Cape Cod taking 95-195 from Westchester NY if anyone would like to meet up for pick up either in Westchester or anywhere along the route up to Cape Cod I would be happy to do so.

Due to the economy I will be starting all auctions at a $1 and am happy to try to work out pick-ups with anyone so inclined.

Roo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most recent pic taken today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pullet 1 pics taken today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pullet 2 I younger of the 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

Will your route take you anywhere near Kingston, Woodstock or Saugerties?

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I dont think so I am going 95-195 pretty much through tip of ct straight to the cape.

4. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    I feel a little better now. There is no way I was going to let these be sold for $1. Even $15 is too low. I would bid it up more but I can't have a rooster. I still may bid it up more though because again, $15 is too low.

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:[​IMG] you and me both [​IMG]

6. PiratePrincess

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Ok, i bid 35 which i will happily pay but is there anyway you could keep the roo? I would just have to give him away. If not i will try to find a good home for him.

7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:oh please dont bid if you dont want the roo. He is the one I most want to find a good home for, The pullets are new but I have known this nice boy for a year and a half and he is so good. I will not sell the girls with out him and would really prefer if he was not just given away. I would be happy to try to come up with some pullets for you, I have a few that are very nice but are culls in one way or another but they are all cute and will lay nice eggs.

8. PiratePrincess

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Is he very loud? If not i could probably keep him since we live a fair distance from any neighbors. If not he can live at my girlfriend's farm with her chickens. She would spoil him rotten if he is a nice roo.

9. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    he has a low, long throughty crow not high pitched short one. He is one of the more quiet of the boys. as long as he would be spoiled and loved I am ok with who ever owns him, I just dont want him to end up soup (I do process my extra roos even silkies on occassion) he is way to nice for that and he has been such a good boy. yes with a little love your girlfriend would fast see that he is a sweetie pie [​IMG]

10. PiratePrincess

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    What a score! Three great silkies for $35. You can't beat that. This should have run way more than that. Thanks again and I was totally happy to pay $35 for the three of them! Can't wait to get them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by