White Silkies and a few SG- 12 pluss any extras- NY or ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Oct 31, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    This auction is for 12 white silkie eggs from the following birds [​IMG] eggs will be very fresh and will ship out the Monday following auction.
    there will be a few white SG eggs in there as well. This is my friendliest flock and the resulting chicks are very docile (more than my other silkies) My youngest pullet started laying last month so her eggs will be included she is my nicest of all my hens. All have good toes with good spacing and heavy feathering (right foot was not fully flexed in pic). a large percentage of chicks hatch with vaulted sculls. This flock are proven breeders and hatched usually are very good. Shipping will be a flat rate of $12

My pics were taken many many months ago and when hens were unbathed so they may look a bit dirty but they are a nice even white under all that dirt lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

How often do you get chicks with the red combs? I LOVE that look much better than the mulberry color, even though it's not correct. I even prefer the straight comb over the black walnut, lol.

Beautiful birds, I'm sure you wont have a problem selling those eggies!

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Well I have been breeding to try to darken my combs lol My cockerel offspring seem to have smaller combs than my roo and darker but I have not kept any white males over 3 months of age as even though I have better cockrels than my roo I love him so much and he is soooo friendly that I am not willing to replace him with a better more "standard" roo I do add better females to the group though.

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    AHappyChick, I wish I could get your eggs. The chicks I received from you in August are getting big and beautiful. And your right, once they are washed they are a beautiful white. Most of them have vaulted sculls. Their combs are mulberry color and the toes are great. Someone should get these they are great. I just gave mine a treat of pumpkin yesterday. Here is some pics of mine from you.

The first two pics were taken about a month ago. So they were about 2 months old here.
    [​IMG]

There are so many feathers on their feet you can't see the black legs.
    [​IMG]

Check out that butt. LOL
    [​IMG]

If I can get eggs or chicks again in the spring. I will be getting in touch with you. Theres nothing I can say bad about these babies. They are great, sweet, and I love them.

Corrected spelling. Sorry

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Can you tell me what SG stands for? I am interested in some of your eggs to add to my growing flock of silkies, but I am concerned about them traveling so far. Have you shipped to Oklahoma or this far away? Do you only have your whites available or do you have some of your other colors too?

Thanks,

Kate

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    SG.... Show Girl

Silkie X Naked Neck

7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:pic 6 & 7 are of my sg (Show Girl) I do have other colors but just mixed up my pens again and am now hatching the eggs myself to see what is going on, I will be offering other colors in a few months.

I pack my eggs very well they should make the trip to you in good condition they are very fertile I have 100% hatches from them here at home.

8. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Right after posting this I figured it out. Thank you! I knew about the show girls, but I just don't always think about the abbreviations for things, hehehe.

9. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Will you be offering more? I only get paid 2x a month so I have to plan ahead. I would be interested in some the end of Nov. Are you NPIP?

10. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yes I will have more whites as long as they continue to lay. I am not NPIP tested but I have send a bunch of my birds for full testing this summer and have a clean bill of health no CRD's or anything like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by