White Skunk?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by herefordlovinglady, Jul 15, 2010.

1. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Okay, so I was going through the pasture and came across a momma skunk and her litter -- Is this really two white baby skunks? Will they stay all white?

[​IMG]

2. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

White skunks are rare, but it happens. That's pretty cool to see two in one litter! Thanks for sharing.

Em

3. Gingersprite

Gingersprite Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2010
    Bethlehem, PA
    I don't know for sure but I will tell you we have had what I thought was an albino skunk here for the past 2 years and now I think it's not that uncommon. It is pure white and sure likes to make noise so I come running out and then it slinks away when I put the flashlight right on it. I suspect it wants to show off that it looks different from most but it was born a skunk and comes out when everyone else is asleep so it makes noise in hopes someone will see it and appreciate its beauty :-0

4. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Cool....... like me.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    A friend of mine has an all white skunk as a pet. Yes they are out there and not as uncommon as many might think.

6. SeaHen

SeaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    Thanks for posting that awesome picture! I never thought about skunks coming in white, and I wonder if those two are albino. Can you get close enough to see if they have pink eyes? LOL!

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Can you send me one of those white babies? I have wanted a "Norwegian Snow Kitty" for along time.

8. mickistoy

mickistoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    northern ohio
    i want an albino collection. but because they are so rare i will have to wait awhile before i can keep my taxidermist busy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by