White Sussex falls over loss of balance and falls to one side

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roadrunnner, Mar 2, 2014.

1. roadrunnner

roadrunnner New Egg

Mar 2, 2014
    I have a White Sussex hen and over this past week she has been walking with a limp and falling over to one side. She very tenderly puts one foot infront of the other and hasn't been scratting, and she is unable to clean herself as every time she trying to clean her wings she just falls over to one side, I've check her poo and all ok there, she is eating however today not as much as usual. At first I thought she may have an egg stuck and I gave her a warm bath, but she has been laying but not as regular every couple of days and the egg when you crack it, it's fine apart from there is a lot of water as before it use to be thick around the yolk which is strange. She isn't under weight and all her feathers look good. I have put her in a box in the house tonight with straw so hopefully she will have a good nights sleep, I do have a shot video if anyone would like me to post it. Any advice would be great, thankyou

2. nettifer

nettifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    how old is she? any swelling of the tummy? any symptoms on any of the others? sneezing etc!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by