1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White Tail Red OEGB

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by trojanwar, Mar 21, 2011.

1. trojanwar

trojanwar Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2008
    Headland, AL
    I am wanting to order some of these from Ideal, but I have searched and searched the net with zero results in finding a photo of one. Do they really exist? Someone PLEASE post a photo or give me a link to a photo of a White Tail Red OEGB. The photos on Ideal's site are just painted illustrations. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I bought two pair of white tailed reds from a breeder in missouri, for a local breeder...so they do exist, just very hard to find...good luck, a good white tailed red is a gorgeous bird...

3. trojanwar

Dec 4, 2008
    Headland, AL
    Thanks. I assumed they did exist since Ideal is selling them, I just can't find photos of any. I know they are not a recognized color, but I can only imagine they would be one of the best looking varieties of the OEGB. I think I'll go ahead and order a dozen or so.

4. GotGame

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    if I didnt have my hands full with the birds I have now, there are a couple colors I would order from Ideal, the white tailed reds, and the blue mille fleurs would be two of them, and maybe the golden necks...

5. trojanwar

Dec 4, 2008
    Headland, AL
    We use to have a lot of OEGB's in a lot of the colors, but nothing in about a year. I went to Ideal to order and saw the white tail reds and I knew I had never seen any in the past. Got me interested so I started searching for images of real birds, but I have still found nothing. Makes me want them even more to tell you the truth. My favorites have always been spangled, crele, and blacks.

6. GotGame

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I am going to be working on Blue Spangles, I have a pair of them coming to me from a breeder out of Missouri, if I hadnt gotten the Blue Spangled, I would probably order some blue mille fleurs from Ideal...

7. redchevy808

redchevy808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Youean red Pyle?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by