1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White/ tan chick some with black spots on their heads, some without, tan/black striped wings, yellow

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by snorie797, Jan 3, 2013.

1. snorie797

snorie797 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

One of the chicks

[​IMG]

Another one of the chicks

[​IMG]

A close up of the wings

[​IMG]

Close up of the feet.

They may be a cross from what I can figure out between some sort of phoenex rooster, and a tan type of hen. They all have the same colored of wings. According to my boyfriend he said the guy he got them from said they were some sort of African chicken.

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    what beautiful chicks!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. Sunny Dawn

Sunny Dawn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    They remind me of my welsummers when they were that age.....time will tell! Post more pics as they grow!

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I just bought 20 chicks that look like that. The 3 flock roosters are Rhode Island Red, the hens are a mixed flock. So Who knows? All I care about is that they grow up to be hens, NOT roosters! and lay lots of eggs! [​IMG]

5. snorie797

snorie797 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    You will have to post pictures of them! :) And also post pictures of them once their older :) I wish i had my own camera so i could take pictures of them every week to see them grow up.

6. enviedkisses

enviedkisses New Egg

Feb 28, 2016
    What did they turn out to be? I bought some today from TSC and 2 look exactly like those.

7. Venumfire

Venumfire Just Hatched

May 20, 2016
    The breed is a Delaware.

8. Venumfire

Venumfire Just Hatched

May 20, 2016
    The Delaware will be White with touches of black on the tips of its feathers as an adult. They are good egg layers at about 280 a year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by