White thin bird, teeny comb

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kathy1, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

sound like any breed in particular?? I drove by a , I swear , chicken on the side of the road in a park..... I was unable to stop but will go back by on my way home tonite.......It kinda looked sleek like a hawk would, thin body, and snow white about 12" -15" tall any one have any idea what it could be?

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Maybe a yound white leghorn or white game hen

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    If it had dark skin, I would guess white sumatra. They are very sleek and streamlined with pea comb..beautiful birds. I hope you can get a pic.

Jody

4. Kathy1

we went back and looked and didnt see it.... It was quite pretty so snow white. I will be out there again tomorrow

5. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Did you find it yet ?
    Keep us updated

6. Kathy1

My son and I went back and through the woods no sign of it, but I am going to look again tomorrow, there are alot of woods to hide in, unless someone grabbed it it has to be around there somewhere. WE were walking around making chicken noises sqiurrels thought we were nuts! [​IMG][/img]

7. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Were in MA are you located ?

8. Kathy1

Brockton, MA a bit aways from you over near about 30 min away from Boston and Providence

9. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Was it in the street or walking around in the park ?
    Cant believe some one would let a chicken loose

10. Kathy1

it was sitting on top of a piece of granite on the road side. It was so pretty, so white and clean. It must have gotten picked up, I have not seen it since, I will look again tomorrow. There are some houses a bit ways away, but I have never seen chickens there.

I am thinking ,maybe it wandered from home a bit and hopefully found it's way back. I figure if it was out there for a long while it would have been not so bright white. I knew we should have stopped then, but I had nothing to put it in and we were in such a rush now I am kicking myself.

this is a very big park, and we have alot of wildlife, deer, racoons , and well you name it, herons, hawks, swans, turtles egrets etc.... not a little corner park

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by