White thing in eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SilkieCanada, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SilkieCanada

SilkieCanada Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    I was looking at my rooster tonight. And he has what looks like a white blob floating in his eye. No sneezing, or gunk from the nose. Just a weird white puss thats in the eye. Is that worms?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Here's a pic of eyeworm... they are white in color, threadlike. There is one in the corner of the eye and just above the thumbnail. There could be debris in his eye, I recommend flushing the eye with saline solution. If it was scratched, use can use terramycin eye ointment or neosporin in the eye. If it doesnt clear up or heal in about a week or so, you might be dealing with a CRD.
    [​IMG]

3. SilkieCanada

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    Quote:Here's a pic of eyeworm... they are white in color, threadlike. There is one in the corner of the eye and just above the thumbnail. There could be debris in his eye, I recommend flushing the eye with saline solution. If it was scratched, use can use terramycin eye ointment or neosporin in the eye. If it doesnt clear up or heal in about a week or so, you might be dealing with a CRD.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19157_300px-eyeworm.jpg

ok this was a dark milky blob. But its vanished overnight. Maybe he got hit or got something in there. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
  4. SilkieCanada

Mar 22, 2011
    calgary
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19157_300px-eyeworm.jpg

I never pictured someone with a Harley being on a chicken forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by