white/yellowish poops no appetite

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by earthfriendlyfarm, Mar 6, 2013.

1. earthfriendlyfarm

earthfriendlyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Ellijay
    I am hoping someone may have a clue to help me. I have a two year old hen Barred Rock. I can feel her keel bone but breast meat as well. Seems all mine are skinny. She is lethargic, will not accept any food or water, and pitches a fit if I try to give her water or medicine. Her comb is red and erect. Her poop is white with a yellowish tinge. This seems to be the only real clue. Just noticed this yesterday and seperated her out from the flock.

We feed pellets and 5 say scratch, along with poop poop platters full of cooked grains, DE, pumpkin seeds, garlic oil, flax seeds etc. and put in their water either vitamins/electrolites rooster booster supplements or ACV. we use deep litter method of bedding with DE in the winter.

I have never encountered this one before. Any ideas? Thank you

2. earthfriendlyfarm

earthfriendlyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Ellijay
    so she decided to have a little snack of ritz crackers with some olive leaf extract/rescue remedy and homeopathic immune boost in it. And I forced some of the above liquid combo into her beak from the side and she reluctantly swallowed it. And she left me another poop with some darker green mixed in this time. Still a little lethargic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by