Whitefaced cinnamon cockatiels for handfeeding - $50 So Cal

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onthespot, Mar 28, 2009.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi, I have a clutch of cockatiels that their eyes are barely opening yesterday. The parents are wite faced cinnamon pied, one is minimal pied, mama is heavy pied, gorgeous pearl. They thow a high percentage of heavy pied WF cinnamon babies, about half are pearl. I am asking $50/chick, local pickup. If you are not interested in hand feeding, they are $75 at weaning. I do not handle or tame the chicks if they are parent raised. Please only contact me for handfeeding these chicks if you are experienced and have raised many chicks successfully already. These are not "practice" birds for learning to hand feed. Thanks for looking. Call if you want 951 310 9883

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    ah i wish you were closer . i love hand feeding babies. I have done cockitels and love birds as well as some sparows and starlings and thats just birds , not talking about the kittens , puppies , rats , ect [​IMG]

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I wish you were closer too... I have lovebird babies right now, pied, normal green opalines, whiteface cobalt violets, whitefaced cinnamon, whitefaced blues, split to opaline if males, i have an orangeaced lacewing paired with a normal opaline right now sitting on eggs, as well as various other pairs, opaline x opaline, slate pied over blue violet, all exquisite mutations of course... If you lived close we could go in the flight and nest peep, just for fun...

4. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    ARGH!!! I wish you were closer too! I'd trade ya some cute Serama eggs for one of those baby 'tiels!!!! We've handfed many, many birds here......POO!!!

I'm sure you wont have a problem finding them homes..........

5. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    awww I love love birds babies they are such HUGE clowns when they are hand fed . How many birds do you have?[​IMG]

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hmmmmm... how many birds??? like actual numbers??? hmmmmm....
    I have about a dozne red headed parrot finches, normal, pied, and seagreen pied... and four pairs of pacific parrotlets, green fallow with blue pied, yellow split blue/ino paired with a blue ino split to blue dilute, turquoise paried with split turquoise and a blue paired with an unknown mutation of a dark eyed white hen. None are nesting and I am about to move them so i don't want them nesting. Tiels, just one breeding pair, plus two pied juveniles from them and an "albino" I just traded for. I just gave away a whold flock of Fischer lovebirds to my sister. Trying to pare down. It was a chimera green and blue fischer paired with a dark eyed clear hen, plus another dark eyed clear hen, unrelated, a slate pied, and an olive green one. Only one mated pair in that bunch. Adios. Lovebirds, I honestly don't know, maybe fifty-ish? Two flights, one mostly whiteface varieties, Australian cinnamon male split to silver, cobalts, one slate, WF violets split to American Cinnamon, seagreen opaline, WF lutino, WF heavy pied, WF pied cobalt, WF blues of various colors. The other flight is my "crazy color" flight, all with pieds, American Cinnamon violet pied, Opalines, Orange Faced Yellow, Orange face Lacewing, Lutino, Normal Green, with violet facto and a dark factor split opaline/ino/cinnamone/orageface male that just fledged. Im sure I am forgetting some, but it is a wild looking flight. Just all color all the time.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh, i wish you were closer! [​IMG] i also wanted to add..that i personally think that tiels were a bit harder to feed then any of my larger parrots. does anyone else notice this? or was it just me? baby pics??? [​IMG]

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Dude, you GOTTA see the chimera. I bet you NEVER saw one like this!!!

[​IMG]

and an "in hand" photo of an orangefaced lacewing. See the pale blue color showing over the tail? Lutinos dont show that. Lacewing is a combination of cinnamon and lutino showing at the same time.
    [​IMG]

And these you don't see very often, heavy pied fischer. My sister's, I bought him for he a couple years ago just because he was so delicious looking.
    [​IMG]

This guy has an opaline mate and is split to Cinnamon
    [​IMG]

Here's the mama cockatiel
    [​IMG]

and some of her babies from before, two years ago I think.
    [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] i want! [​IMG]

10. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    besides some wild babies like starlings my love bird babies were the easest to feed and the cockitels were not so much harder as a bit more time consumeing .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by