whiten my birds??

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
im showing a few of my pure white birds this year at the fair..
my problem is they are not so white these days. how can i get them white again??
wash them yes but what do i use? do i scrub them im kinda scared to hurt them or ruin feathers.

Tip: You don't want to feed yellow corn to white birds, as it can alter their color, use white corn.
big_smile.png
Shampoo or dishsoap works too for washing. I even know someone that uses Tide with bleach, very sparingly of course.

Quote:
Tide with Bleach alternative works great if they stained, if they are just in need of brightening you can use a blueing shampoo, or very light amounts of laundry blueing with your water when bathing them. Keep them seperate and in very deep litter after bathing to help keep them clean, you may need to bath more than once if they are very bad.
if they are sun brassed the laundry blueing works best, just do not use too much as it turn the bird blue.

I use dog whitening shampoo with white vinegar. Make them nice and white!

Also my pennies worth of the corn myth. I feed corn to my white birds all the time even my big Leghorn cock. He's never gotten any traces of yellow on him as he gets yellow corn almost daily before bed time. Thats why we named him Kernal. Now my white seramas don't get any corn except whats in their Flock Raiser. The pullet is perfectly white while the male has yellow leakage.

I don't believe in the corn myth but thats just my expirence.

Back
Top Bottom