whites not right

hopover chicks

Hatching
Feb 17, 2018
I have 3 barred rocks and 3 reds. The egg whited are a brown oily color with no yolks. Does not happen all that often, but seems to be increasing. It also happens 100% of the time in the fairy eggs.

thanks to all.

Hi there!
Can you post a picture of said eggs?
Are these fresh eggs you are collecting or could they be old?

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

I have 3 barred rocks and 3 reds. The egg whited are a brown oily color with no yolks. Does not happen all that often, but seems to be increasing. It also happens 100% of the time in the fairy eggs.

thanks to all.
How old are your birds? Are you seeing this in eggs from most/ all the hens or just from one hen? If its the former that would point to envirinmental, nutritional or communicable disease. How long has this been hapoening? Fairy eggs are not surprising to be seeing such issues, regular eggs, though, is a concern

thanks for the quick reply. I had to wait until I found another egg that did not seem right. The eggs are fresh and my chickens are 2 years old and all from the same seller. The pictures you see are not quite like my original post, but close. When cracking the eggs, the shells seem to be not as hard as good shells and the membrane separates as the eggs are cracked. The pictures are how the eggs came out of the shell, no separate yolk. If you need more info let me know. Again thanks

1260369-c74cdb2560827d151063bad5913263e3.jpg
1260370-c7bb73eaf8ad8a4747c1163ffd0fbef8.jpg

Attachments

• yolk1.jpg
    yolk1.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 2
  • yolk2.jpg
    yolk2.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom